11.21.2013

Get To Know Me

Lately in the land of the facebook, people are sharing random facts about themselves. The shtick is, someone gives you a random number and then you share that many facts about yourselves. At first, I thought it was dumb, but then I found myself enjoying learning new little tidbits about my friends. So I jumped on the bandwagon earlier this week. I thought it would be fun to post my list here, and add to it some things that I though of later. I was given the number 8.

And actually, it was kinda hard to come up with 8 things I wanted to share with all the people on my friends list. You'd think from reading my blog that I'm an open book, but most people don't actually know that much about me. For instance, the majority of my real life people don't even know I have a blog. I don't want most of them reading it because I don't want to hear their negative comments. Plus, its easier writing to an audience I don't know for the most part.

So, here's a few random facts about me!
- I hate whistling. And other noises you make with your mouth, like smacking gum or food. And loud swallowing. I don't even like to hear people kiss.

- My favorite type of music is rock - everything from classic rock to heavy metal. My favorite is 90s "grunge," though. I'm a major country gal, so people are usually surprised to hear I don't really like country music and like rock instead.
- I'm not a hard core rock fan. Meaning, I don't know the names of people in bands that I like. I can't even tell you which band sings most songs I like. I just don't care. The music is enough for me.
- I think modern "country" music doesn't deserve to have that title. They need to come up with a new name, cause this mess is not country! I like older country stuff, especially 90s country. And then I like the really old stuff like Waylon, Willie, Haggard, and Hank.
- I am a die-hard Michael Jackson fan. And I'm not ashamed of it. I'm still sad that I never got to see him in concert. But I did go see his movie "This Is It" in the theatre!
- Keeping with the music theme, I despise rap. Except some of Eminem's stuff. I really dig him, for some reason. But only on the radio. I don't like to watch him. I also like to listen to some "pop." Not a lot of it, though. Adam Levine's singing voice makes me want to smack him in the head, for instance. Can you tell I'm pretty passionate about my musical preferences? ( :
- I'm left-handed. I can't even feed myself with my right hand, but I put on my makeup with my right hand. And I can't use left-handed scissors. People who know me try not to sit on my left side in restaurants.
- I hate reality TV, but I love watching pageants and awards shows. If there's one of those one, you can bet I'll be tuning in. Even the Tony awards. I never see Broadway shows, and I never even know any of the actors who get awarded, but I just love an awards show.
- Speaking of pageants, I was once a Fire Princess and competed in a pageant. I didn't place, but the pageant was fun. And being the Fire Princess, I got to ride on top of a fire truck in a few parades.

NO PICTURE HERE
Duh, I can't have a pic of somethin I'm terrified of on my blog!
- I am absolutely terrified of clowns. And ventriloquist dolls. As I type this I'm looking over my shoulder to make sure none have mysteriously popped up behind me. Irrational fear. I blame Stephen King's "It."
- I dyed my hair once in high school and vowed never to do it again. It turned out metallic purple. No lie. After that, I decided I was just fine with the color God gave me, thank you very much!
- I hate the feel of painted fingernails. Knowing that, once a year or so I paint them, just to see if that's changed for me. It never has. Right now, my nails are painted and I can't stand it. My toenails have to be painted, though.
Just looking at this makes me hyperventilate. No, thanks.
- I've never been in a tanning bed. And don't ever plan to do so. I'm happy being pale.
- I'm an avid reader. I go through at least a book a week, sometimes more. My guilty pleasure is YA paranormal romance.
- I've read the Twilight series more times than I should probably admit. That being said, I love parodies of the series. I'll be the first to crack a Twilight joke if I hear a good one.
- I'm hopelessly addicted to Chapstick. Its been this way for as long as I can remember. If I can't find my tube, I have an honest-to-goodness panic attack. When I was younger and I'd spend the night with friends, I'd keep my chapstick inside my dog that I slept with (he was a puppet).
NO PICTURE HERE EITHER
And when I did a Google search for "1980s dog puppet, let's just say I shuddered.
- Speaking of that dog (Brandon), I still sleep with him every night. My husband doesn't seem to care, though occasionally he'll tease me about it.
- I say the word "crooked" weird, I'm told. It sounds totally fine to me. I say it "crook-erd."

( :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! And thanks for commenting. I read every one and comments mean so much to me! ( :