I'm sick. Again. Again! Haven't I been sick pretty much since the beginning of October??! (Yes, I have, actually.) Okay, the very last "sickness" was self-imposed (the colonoscopy), but I felt bad for days with that. My daughter had a cold the week before last, and it wasn't too bad, though she did run a low-grade fever a few nights. After her symptoms were gone for a week and I felt fine, I just knew I'd escaped the sickness.


To be fair, I can't say that I caught this crud from her. She just had a runny, stuffy nose and the fever a few nights. Saturday morning I woke up with a sore throat. That's a common occurrence for me, though, so I didn't think much of it. What bothered me was when I realized that as the day progressed, my throat was getting worse, despite the hoards of ibuprofen I was taking. I didn't do a whole lot that day, just mostly hung out with C, which was wonderful. By that evening, I was feeling pretty crummy. When I went to bed, I was having chills and just felt basically like I'd been hit by a bus.

I had fevers the rest of that night. I do not get fevers. I think the last one I had was 7 years ago or so. Its just not my thing. Lots of sickness, yes, but no fevers associated with those sicknesses. So I'm basically a big baby when I get a fever. Sunday morning I started sweating the fever off, but then it would come right back. I was absolutely miserable. I couldn't do a thing but lay in the bed. My throat hurt so bad I couldn't even open my mouth without pain, and forget talking. (I think DH enjoyed my silence, haha!) So DH took care of C all day, and when they were in the house she was really good about leaving me alone. She'd come up to me and ask, "Mama feel bad? Her feel better." And she'd pat me when I coughed. So sweet.

Last night was rough. C woke up at 12:30 with a nightmare (we guess - she was screaming and it took a while for her to calm down), so she slept with us, and she was fitful the rest of the night. Which means I didn't get any sleep again. When I had another fever early this morning, I knew it was time to see a doctor.

After waiting in the waiting room of the doctor's office for an hour, and then another hour waiting in the exam room, I saw the doctor for approximately 6 minutes, and he told me I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. Wonderful. So after 45 more minutes of waiting at the pharmacy, I finally got my antibiotic and made it to work. Where I am sitting here wondering why I didn't just go back home and get in bed....seriously. I sound terrible and of course the phone keeps ringing, and when I talk it gets me coughing. I hurt everywhere and I'm so sleepy....poor, pitiful me, right?

I'm sure there's a reason God's put all this sickness on me lately. And really, I should be thankful I haven't had anything really serious. I mean, I'm probably not gonna die from a sinus infection. I don't need hospitalization. So, it could be much worse, so I'm grateful its not. But there's still got to be a purpose for me to have to go through this. Maybe its to teach my husband how to do some of my jobs around the house, like changing C's diaper, cause he's certainly had to step up!

Or maybe its to teach me to let go of some things. Like sweeping 3 times a day. I kid you not, I am obsessed with sweeping. Ever since we ripped up all the carpet in our house and put down laminate floors (they look like hardwood floors) 2 years ago, I just can't stand to see a speck of dirt on the floor. I vacuumed Friday night (which is my normal vacuuming day), but on Saturday I think I swept 4 times. No lie. (I told you I'm obsessed.) Yesterday, with DH and C going in and out (it was a beautiful day), of course some dirt got tracked on the floors, not to mention the crumbs from C's snacks....a few times I almost grabbed the broom, and then I thought, you idiot, get back in bed, you can barely walk, don't worry about the floor!! Even this mornin, when I felt a little better, I was tempted to sweep but forced myself not to. There are more important things than obsessing over a little dirt on your floor. Like rest.

Whatever the reason for this, I pray that this antibiotic works quickly and I feel better fast. I hate that I missed out on a perfect fall day yesterday, and I hate the empty tank feeling I have. This, too, shall pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! And thanks for commenting. I read every one and comments mean so much to me! ( :