10.03.2013

Green Smoothie Challenge - Whoops

This is why I don't often write draft posts. I forget to post them later! I wrote this one last week and intended to post it at the beginning of this week, so all my yapping about green smoothies would make sense. Whoops!

This post is pretty redundant now since I've been blogging about the challenge all week, but oh well. Here it is! ( :


Recently, I've hopped on the green smoothie train. My first attempt wasn't quite a success, but it didn't deter me from trying again.

I wish I could remember how I found the website Simple Green Smoothies - Google search? Link on another blog? Who knows. But somehow, I stumbled across the site, "liked" their facebook page, and have since been inspired by them.

Every morning, SGS posts a picture to facebook of a different smoothie and gives the recipe. One morning last week, they shared a pretty picture of spinach, green apples, and avocado. For whatever reason, that sounded delicious to me and I wanted to try it out for myself. Unfortunately, I've been in a sleeping-too-late phase, so I haven't had time to make a smoothie in the mornings (and I won't make one for supper, cause I want to eat what the rest of my family eats!).

Well, earlier this week, SGS posted their 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge. After I read about it a bit, I signed up! For the month of October, the challenge is to drink one cup of green smoothie every day. And they give you 5 recipes a week - for FREE. Just a few hours after I signed up, I received an e-mail with the first week's recipes and shopping list. I'm so excited to start!
http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/go-green-15-green-smoothie-and-juice-recipes/basic-green-juice-smoothie/
They do add some "special" ingredients to the smoothies in the challenge (like chia seeds and spirulina powder - what the heck is that??), but those things are optional. Who knows, maybe I'll turn into a green smoothie freak and buy that extra stuff. ( ;

I don't know that I'll successfully complete the entire 30 days of this challenge (well, I know I won't, because for a few days next month we'll be on vacation - and I have no intentions of bringing a blender!), but I'm gonna do my best. At the very least, I hope it gets me more comfortable with making green smoothies and expands my recipe selection. I'm going to attempt to drink every one of the recipes I'm given. Ginger is an ingredient included in one of the first smoothies - and I despise the taste of ginger. But I've never had it raw, and certainly never blended, who I might be surprised. So I'll try it. I also hate mangos, and that seems to be a pretty common ingredient with green smoothies. I'll try it once and see.

A couple of my friends are doing this challenge with me. It'll be nice to have real life people to compare notes with! If you've ever been curious about green smoothies, I'd encourage you to sign up for the free challenge. What have you got to lose? ( :

And by the way, I am NOT trying to lose weight here. Green smoothies are good for helping you lose weight, though. My goal is to simply be healthier and eat more fruits and vegetables. Also, I'm all about trying new things! ( :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! And thanks for commenting. I read every one and comments mean so much to me! ( :